Re: BCPs and STDs

2005-08-17 08:16:50
Edward Lewis wrote:

It's a lot easier, when all you might have is a hand held
device, to be able to click though links to see even just
the title of a document when someone asks "what do you think
of BCP 58?"

Roll your own interface to the "RfC search", I've done that
for RfCs, example: <http://purl.net/net/rfc/20>

The resulting link is monstrous, but does what I want:

http://www.rfc-editor.org/cgi-bin/rfcsearch.pl?opt=number&num=5&filefmt=txt&search_doc=search_rfc&abstract=abson&keywords=keyon&format=ftp&searchwords=20

For BCP 20 replace "search_rfc" by "search_bcp", similar for
FYI 20 or STD 20.  I test it only for BCP:

http://www.rfc-editor.org/cgi-bin/rfcsearch.pl?opt=number&num=5&filefmt=txt&search_doc=search_bcp&abstract=abson&keywords=keyon&format=ftp&searchwords=20

Works.  For your other questions test it with BCP 9 / RFC 2026.

                       Bye, Frank