Re: RFC 2487 [5]: Suggest dropping of "TLS Required"- forbid and extensions of current standards

2005-08-26 10:19:35

On Aug 26, 2005, at 9:38 AM, Keith Moore wrote:

Mark Baugher wrote:
I don't necessarily see the two needing to be combined so closely.

perhaps not, but if DKIM doesn't address either phishing, spam, or viruses, and it doesn't authenticate content authorship, what good is it?

I said that I don't think phishing should be combined so closely with the problem of spam. But you throw in viruses and claim that it doesn't address any of the combined three. Where's this coming from? I think you're wrong: DKIM does address spam and email-borne viruses. I think it addresses phishing spam as well but the phishing problem has yet another complication.

Mark