RE: Last Call: 'Linklocal Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR)' toProposed Standard

2005-08-26 17:47:29
What I find amusing is so many people asking the IESG to overrule a
WG's judgment, given how many people have complained about the IESG's
power to do exactly that.  I haven't checked for overlap between the
two groups...

This is much less of a contradiction than you imagine. To exercise power
effectively it is often necessary to exercise it sparingly.

If I was a cynical person I might suggest that the purpose of the IETF
constitution was precisely to prevent anyone ever exercising power
effectively.