Re: Last Call: 'Linklocal Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR)' to Proposed Standard

2005-08-26 17:42:28
On 8/26/05 at 5:59 PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

What I find amusing is so many people asking the IESG to overrule a WG's judgment, given how many people have complained about the IESG's power to do exactly that. I haven't checked for overlap between the two groups...

I have never heard anyone complain about the IESG overruling a WG's judgement *based on IETF Last Call comments*. That's the IESG determining that there is lack of consensus in the IETF as a whole for the document to go forward. Now, that probably indicates a different sort of failure (not enough early outside review during the WG process), but I don't think there's any complaining about the IESG making that sort of determination.

pr
--
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
QUALCOMM Incorporated