Re: Last Call: 'Linklocal Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR)' to Proposed Standard

2005-08-26 16:22:10
In message
<17167(_dot_)14936(_dot_)141345(_dot_)6653(_at_)chiark(_dot_)greenend(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk>,
 Ian Jackson writes
:

Sorry to be pejorative, but as a DNS implementor[1] I'm amazed to find
senior IETF/IESG people seriously contemplating the kind of namespace
confusion which is fundamental in the LLMNR protocol design.

What I find amusing is so many people asking the IESG to overrule a
WG's judgment, given how many people have complained about the IESG's
power to do exactly that.  I haven't checked for overlap between the
two groups...