Re: Last Call: 'Linklocal Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR)' to Proposed Standard

2005-08-25 21:24:29

Hi Stuart,

I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to be insulting...

We don't typically include statements about how we compete or don't compete with any non-IETF protocols, including de-facto standards and/or standards from other standards groups, as that is more of a marketing discussion than a technical discussion.

If there is a technical concern regarding interoperability or compatibility with an existing de-facto/industry standard, that might be included. But I don't think that is what you are asking for, is it? If it is, could you let us know what the technical issues are that should be documented?

Margaret