Re: Autoresponder lameness

2005-08-28 12:23:17
Bruce Lilly wrote:

Delivery notifications should be sent to the original message
return path.

Yes, I've mentioned RfC 3834 in my first three complaints (some
obscure script sending "Alerts" to the mailing list From, I'm
not sure which list, mxcomp or IETF general or both).  I also
proposed to killfile me, or to discuss the "problem" - whatever
it might be, I have no clue - with the list moderator / owner.

The message has been dealt with as spam

Same here.  I could also bother the list owner / moderator,
but it's a weekend, maybe my direct complaints have an effect.

Fellow IETFers: please make sure that any "vacation"-like
automatic responders under your control or in use at your
organizations comply with
[...]
the recommendations in RFC 3834.

Seconded.  Bye, Frank