Re: Reply-To

2005-08-28 12:33:47
Bruce Lilly wrote:

Part of the problem is UAs which suppress message header
fields, caused by the proliferation of "noise" fields in the
message header (initially SMTP "Mail-From", subsequently
renamed "Received", and now including a large number of
others).

s/Received/Return-Path/ (or is this some pre-821 history ?)

Ordinary users are most probably not often interested in the
timespamp lines, and MUAs not showing them in their default
configuration are fine.

See draft-lilly-extensible-internet-message-format-p01-00
and related parts p02-p04.

Sorry, so far I didn't have the time to read your drafts (but
I have them in my public "collection" ;-)  Priority one on my
"todo"-list after USEFOR is now 2821bis - first thing I plan
is some kind of ABNF-diff.
                            Bye, Frank