Re: Dynamic salting in encryption algorithms for peer to peer communication

2005-08-28 20:24:41
In message <3b5643635f(_dot_)3635f3b564(_at_)monash(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au>,
Benyamin Nasution writes:

I have the same thought regarding dynamic techniques, in this case the
encryption.
If you use a well known mathemtical formula, I think passive attackers
may still have a chance to challenge it.

What if the encryption algorithm is made dynamic?
It means that each peer can update and upgrade peer's algorithm
whenever required.

(a) this is off-topic for the IETF mailing list
(b) cryptography is a branch of applied mathematics, with a rich
literature.  I suggest you consult it first, or at least ask your
question on a cryptography mailing list or newsgroup.  Start at
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/cryptography-faq/.  (Well, it's dated at this
point, but it will give you a hint of the flavor of modern cryptography.)