Re: Last Call: 'Tags for Identifying Languages' to BCP

2005-08-30 02:34:30
JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:
Dear all,
at this stage I think it is clear that the langtags issue represents a strong opposition between two visions of the Multilingual Internet. These visions for the worse or the better are embodied by Peter Constable's friends and me.

I know nothing of Peter Constable's friends. I do know that the LTRU
WG Chairs have declared WG consensus on this draft, and the best
interpretation I can make of your sentence above is that you are
a single dissenter from that consensus. Thankyou for pointing that out
as a Last Call comment, but there is little point in repeating it,
as the information does not gain in content by repetition.

IETF Last Calls are intended "to permit a final review by the
general Internet community" rather than to re-run the WG's discussion.

   Brian