Re: Name ownership and LLMNR (Re: Last Call: 'Linklocal Multicast Name Resolution...)

2005-09-02 08:04:14
At 20:30 01/09/2005, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
Here's a philosophical question for you: is it right to force a philosophy on people?

Dear Iljitsch,
I started that debate with Harald in 2000 at the DNSO/GA over the understanding of "global". This mares many issues. Harald says "yes", I say "no", but I understand the need of "yes" on occasions, when the users want it and for transitions. Like in the Roman constitution.

Why not once for all gather all the cons and pros and call for an IAB guidance to get documented if the Internet is a directive system or not, or can be distinctly both, at the same time, or at distinct times. I think it can be both if the concerned areas are clearly defined.

For example, could classes help in this case to create a real but crossable boarder? I don't know, just an hint to address the security concern.
jfc