Re: Name ownership and LLMNR (Re: Last Call: 'Linklocal Multicast Name Resolution...)

2005-09-08 00:45:45

--On onsdag, september 07, 2005 17:29:04 -0700 Stuart Cheshire <cheshire(_at_)apple(_dot_)com> wrote:

The difference between LLMNR and mDNS here seems to be that mDNS
*requires* me to use two different names in the two different cases;
LLMNR, while it certainly *permits* me to do so, does not *require* it.

Absolutely not.

mDNS allows you to have a single FQDN, and answer those queries via
multicast, but recognizes that we need solid security mechanisms before
we can honestly recommend that.

Thanks for the clarification, and my apologies for missing that!