Re: ISMS working group and charter problems

2005-09-08 14:18:22
On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 04:40:55PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:

Authentication is sometimes symmetric; it is not in the case of
passwords.  For authentication methods like public key or GSS, it is
reasonably symmetric.

The networking boxes I have access to all use password authentication
because they like to stick the password into RADIUS/TACACS...

I am not sure what "reasonably symmetric" means. Who authenticates
whom and in which way if the server establishes a connection to the
client with public key or GSS?

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder               International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>     P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany