Re: "The IETF has difficulty solving complex problems" or alternatively Why IMS is a big fat ugly incomprehensiable protocol

2005-09-09 11:38:51
Pekka Nikander wrote:

In a whimsical mood, I put up a web page that tries to
clarify the comments that I made about complexity during
the Paris IETF Thursday plenary.  So, for your bed time
enjoyment:

  http://www.tml.tkk.fi/~pnr/FAT/

Pekka this is a outstanding piece of work and I would suggest an alternative thesis that fits your model.

"Why IMS is similar to grotesque body fat --- the case for cranial liposuction among IMS engineers"

"Compulsive IMS ...how to reckgonise the problem and how to treat it"
"Bulimia networka ( aka IMS ) is defined as a period of uncontrolled definition of network elements. The network designer places up to10,000 boxes in an archichectural design . Bulimia networka is commonly associated with excessive attendance at industry conferences and standards bodies ( Stockholm Syndrome ) followed by purging behaviors, i.e., service provider bankruptcy, layoffs, etc.

I'm sure we can expand on the model endlessly...

--Pekka Nikander

Richard Shockey, Director - Member of Technical Staff
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141(at)fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile +1 703.593.2683
Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>