Re: [Ltru] Re: Last call comments on LTRU registry and initialization documents

2005-09-09 19:17:54
John C Klensin scripsit:

So, all I was suggesting wrt the text of the "initial" document
is that, when the IESG concluded that it had reached community
consensus, two things should happen:

      (1) The IESG instructs IANA to create the registry,
      populating it with the elements as instructed in the
      Internet-Draft  and using the formats specified there
      and in the "registry" I-D.

I think that's what we had in mind.

      (2) The document is passed to the RFC Editor for
      publication,

It's not clear to me what the point of publishing it as an RFC is,
and in fact if an explicit decision to that effect has been made,
it went past me entirely.

IMHO after initial-registry has served its purpose, it should be
allowed to time out and die.

--
So that's the tune they play on                 John Cowan
their fascist banjos, is it?