RE: BitTorrentvs MBONE

2005-09-15 22:02:23
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
Does MBONE work through any NAT box on the planet?

I can't imagine bothering to download a program if there is less than a
10% chance it will work for me.

A communication program by definition needs two sites so the probability
of it working is less than 1%.

And for multicast to be an advantage there has to be at least 3 people
so we are down to 0.1% probability of working.

This is a situation that AMT tries to help:
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-04.txt