RE: Possible new Real-Time Applications and Infrastucture (RAI) Area

2005-09-16 11:41:36
I'm of conflicting thoughts about this. On one hand, more Ads could
have more opportunity to do more hands-on work with working groups, etc.
This would be a good thing, and could potentially help WGs to progress
drafts through WGs faster.

On the other hand, 2 more ADs means two more potential DISCUSSes and
more Ads spending time on document reviews.  I'm not sure if what the
IETF needs is more Ads to review the documents and file DISCUSSes.

If there was a way to lighten-up the IESG review process, then this
would be
a good idea. For example, having a single DISCUSS per Area would be one
way
to reduce this could be one solution.

In summary, I think that expanding the IESG would only be a good idea
only
if we could adjust the IESG review load / process so that we are not
just
expanding the number of potential DISCUSSes.

thanks,
John