Re: OFF TOPIC - Bail money for IETF 64?

2005-09-18 11:53:57
Thus spake "Lee Mahan" <lmahan(_at_)designwest(_dot_)com>
There are a number of states in the US with the same sort of law....
last I remembered Texas is one<grin>

Texas law was recently amended to exempt anyone whose official job title includes the word "engineer", regardless of their degrees, certifications, bonding, or registration with the state.

Even though I benefit from this change, I disagree with it in principle because there are too many people out there running around calling themselves "engineers" who don't have a clue. If/when there are a non-trivial number of schools offerring degrees in network engineering, systems engineering, software engineering, etc. I (and many others) will be lobbying to have the exemption repealed.

Stephen Sprunk      "Those people who think they know everything
CCIE #3723         are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
K5SSS --Isaac Asimov