RE: OFF TOPIC - Bail money for IETF 64?

2005-09-18 19:20:39
Quite right to, join the guild.

Phillip M. Hallam-Baker BSc. D.Phil C.Eng FBCS

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Nicholas Staff
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2005 2:07 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: OFF TOPIC - Bail money for IETF 64?

It would seem we will all be in violation of Canadian law (as
will the IETF as an organization) when we convene for IETF
64.  Those canucks apparently regulate the term "Engineer"
and the use of Software, Network, or Systems Engineer is um
apparently not allowed.  I wonder if they'll put Dave Crocker
and Dean Anderson in the same cell... ;)

Here's a link to the Microsoft court loss for the use of
Engineer in their MCSE certification

http://www.peo.on.ca/enforcement/Quebec_MS_April2004.pdf

Please don't take this too seriously and call me an idiot, this is of
course said with a chuckle.

Nick