Re: IPR Trust - draft-carpenter-bcp101-update-02 and the IASA

2005-09-28 01:36:09

--On Tuesday, September 27, 2005 23:02 -0400 Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz(_at_)cmu(_dot_)edu> wrote:

See above, but more so.  I understand the IESG benefits
enormously from having agendas, minutes, and the like handled
by a professional who I'm told is very good at what she does.
Maybe the IAOC would benefit in the same way, and maybe not,
but I think that's something we can safely let them figure out
for themselves.

I am delighted to have them "figure it out for themselves". But, IMO, the IASA came into being based on some promises about openness and accessibility to information mae to the community. So, to me, "figure it out for themselves" is just fine as long as things are getting done to the standard that those agreements assumed. I suggest that they are not and hence that some community discussion is in order.

     john