Re: p2p dns (was: Re: UN plans to take over our job!)

2005-09-30 06:23:44
Johan: I imagine you have seen this paper on the subject of a p2p DNS substitute based on CHORD, but it is interesting reading for others.
http://www.cs.rice.edu/Conferences/IPTPS02/178.pdf

Regards,
Elwyn Davies

Johan Henriksson wrote:

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 08:45:29AM +0200,
Johan Henriksson <mahogny(_at_)areta(_dot_)org> wrote
a message of 25 lines which said:

a peer 2 peer replacement for DNS tops my internet wish list;
Is it a formal call to a new WG? Please provide a candidate charter :-)
I'd subscribe immediately :-)

is there an interest? I don't have much experience of IETF, much less in
taking care of a wg. but if more people would want to work on such a
thing, I could look into how to start up such an endeavor.

(although I doubt it would grow into a "substitute" in the end; rather a
complement)

- Johan Henriksson