IETF Trust last call

2005-12-08 05:08:17
Apologies for the last minute query - I have only just returned from an extended holiday.

Two points came to mind when I read the Trust document:

s2.1, Purpose: The phrase 'used in connection with the Internet standards process and its administration' doesn't seem to be very explicit about the IPR created by the process (which is after all what the IETF is supposed to be about). At first reading it sounds to be just about the peripheral stuff related to the process. Not being an IPR lawyer I would not be sure how broadly the phrase would be interpreted legally, but I thought I would ask.

Appendix A: I was somewhat surprised that this section doesn't explicitly mention any software used as part of the operations and process. Maybe this is covered by some other part of the IASA agreements?

Regards,
Elwyn Davies