Definition of SFTP ...

2005-12-08 06:45:18
There seems to be a conflict in the definition of SFTP; the IANA site indicates
that it's Simple FTP while the IETF side indicates it's Secure FTP in
conjunction with SSH ...

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-scp-sftp-ssh-uri-03.txt

My understanding is that FTPS refers to Secure FTP.

Could you help me to sort this out pls ...

Thanks,

Richard Noël
Manager ~ Internet Technologies Group (ITG)
Getronics Information and Communications Technology Organization

Getronics North America
 836 North Street
 Tewksbury, MA  01876 (US)
 Tel: +1.978.858.7541
 Mobile: +1.603.365.0659
 Fax: +1.978.858.6025
 http://www.getronics.com

The information transmitted is intended only for use by the addressee and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action in reliance upon
this information by persons and/or entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited. If you received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.  Thank you.