Re: Appeal: Publication of draft-lyon-senderid-core-01 in conflict with referenced draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02

2005-12-13 09:15:35
On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 13:51 -0600, wayne wrote:

Well, I can see coming back some day and trying to create an update to
the SPF protocol.  I can't see trying to change SPF version 1.

The problem with SPF draft is there is no spf2.0/mfrom.  This has little
to do the IETF, but rather a proponent/author with the idea that SPF was
just a snap-shot, offering a new draft that embraced the same DNS record
for much of the same reasons, which suited a particular prolific vendor
that now claims IPR.  Fixing this mistake requires adding scope.  The
short cut of using a TXT record allowed getting the cart before the
horse.

-Doug