[spf-discuss] Last call IETF experiments (was: Appeal ....)

2005-12-11 16:06:53
Sam Hartman wrote:

Some folks including me were surprised that there's no
"IETF last call" for experimental RFCs, unless they are
the product of an IETF WG (4.2.3).

That's actually not true.  The responsible AD can issue
a last call for an experimental draft.

Where do I miss that provision in 2026, is it something
covered by chapter 9 (variance procedure) ?

Checking the 2026 updates I skipped 3667/3668/3978/3979.

Do 3.4 / 3.5 in 3912 address this "for the case where an
IETF protocol is proposed to be changed or extended in an
unanticipated way that may be harmful to the normal usage
of the protocol, but where the protocol documents do not
explicitly say that this type of extension requires IETF
review" ?

OTOH 3.4 / 3.5 don't say "MAY start a last call", they're
about attempts to bypass a required "last call", or for
the quoted case.

-------
subscription,
please go to