[spf-discuss] Re: Appeal: Publication of draft-lyon-senderid-core-01 in conflict with referenced draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02

2005-12-09 16:13:41
Bob Braden wrote:

I cannot find any evidence from RFC 2026 that there is any
such thing as an "IETF experiment" or "IETF-sanctioned
experiment".

Yes, that's tricky.  Some folks including me were surprised
that there's no "IETF last call" for experimental RFCs, unless
they are the product of an IETF WG (4.2.3).  That's one of the
reasons why the v=spf1 author and others wanted PS.  The AD of
the former MARID WG wanted to handle this as some kind of post-
MARID experiments without "IETF last call".  The IESG sticked
to this plan.

v=spf1 is not really an "experiment" anymore after two years
with about 1,000,000 published records one year ago, and it's
not really "IETF" without "last call" (not for lack of trying).

                           Bye, Frank

-------
subscription,
please go to