Re: IASA NeuStar SOW Update

2005-12-16 10:22:17
Hi Ray,

A couple of comments, may be was already the way it was written in my
previous review of the document, but didn't noticed it at that time.

I noticed that we "fix" the provision of the catering breaks (including
cookies). I'm not sure if I'm reading it in the correct way, but my view is
that even if this is part of the work, but only if "required". I mean, may
be instead of cookies, something else is needed, or we decide that we want
to change the way we do the catering at the breaks today, etc. A small
rewording will make it, I guess.

Is NSS responsible for the badges and printed agendas ? (I read the current
text as is required, but not sure about who provides it or who pays for the
cost).

Regarding the VoIP, I think is a must, not "to be investigated". I will
agree that it can take a couple of months to setup, but not more. If
required, I can help on making it possible. We setup it just a couple of
months ago in our office and the cost to get it working is really low.

I radically disagree with the "investigation" of implementing IPv6 for other
infrastructure and clerical services. Today this is no longer experimental,
there is no longer big associated costs, and myself has volunteered several
times (also other people I believe), to make it happen. We could accept may
be 2-3 months delay *maximum* for that (at least for name service, web site,
ftp, routing, monitoring/security, mirrors cooperation, mail and other
archives, XMPP and any other http/s-based services), but no way to sign the
contract without this clear. Otherwise IETF should stop working in IPv6 and
tell the world, "sorry we have failed" (which in my opinion is not the case,
but not getting our own services in IPv6 tend to seem like that !).

Regards,
Jordi