Re: IASA NeuStar SOW Update

2005-12-20 09:30:20
In message
<Pine(_dot_)LNX(_dot_)4(_dot_)61(_dot_)0512190936190(_dot_)24370(_at_)internaut(_dot_)com>,
 Bernard Aboba wri
tes:
I would like to suggest that maintenance of an issue tracker for WGs be
added to the Statement of Work.

Many IETF WG are currently using an issue tracker.  There is quite a bit
of diversity in the software being used.  While many WGs might continue to
desire to use their own trackers, I do think it would be very useful for
the Secretariat to maintain one tracker that could be available to any WG
that wanted it.  That way a WG desiring to use a tracker would not have to
host and maintain their own tracker.

I would consider this item to be higher priority than even existing items
such as Jabber, since if handled well it could improve the ability of WGs
to manage their work.

I agree.  Issue trackers, if properly used -- and that's a non-trivial
qualifier! -- are a big aid to WGs.