Re: Enough RE: Publication of draft-lyon-senderid-core-01 in conflict with referenced draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02)

I think it would be a good idea for the IETF to either pick an IPR
standard or to require WGs to specify what their IPR standard will be
when they begin a WG. I would be quite happy for the IETF to adopt the
same IPR policy as W3C and require all standards to meet that standard
of being open and unencumbered.

What is not a good idea is to attempt to achieve consensus on this issue
after the WG charter has been agreed.

An even worse idea is to start a WG with a restricted IPR regime such
that relevant patent owners decline to contribute and thereby escape
the obligation to disclose their patents, IMHO. This is the very real
danger that the IETF method avoids.

    Brian