RE: The rights of email senders and IETF rough consensus

2005-12-21 00:27:59

Now I'm curious, because I can't work out what you're referring to!

Just a guess as to what was intended.

The fact that when layering a network over another network
requiers an address binding mechanism. ARP was the first,
followed by inverse, reverse etc ARP mechanisms.

The layering approach, despite its initial lack of elegance
as compared with "more complete" approaches (such as that
of ATM that defines down to the wire), has become THE major
principle of modern communications (see ITU G.805/G.809).

Y(J)S