Accessibility was Re: Troubles with UTF-8

2005-12-23 07:54:55
----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Ellermann" <nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
To: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: Troubles with UTF-8

I would like to check the correct name of eg hyphen-minus
(Hyphen-minus, Hyphen-Minus, ???) and in the absence of
IS10646 am unable to do so.

Maybe get the latest Unicode 4.1.0 data file (almost one MB):
<http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/UnicodeData.txt>

For SASLPREP / NAMEPREP you would take Unicode version 3.2,
and for a beta test of Unicode 5.0 take the beta data.

                       Bye, Frank

I do not think such a reference is stable enough.  The earlier references in RFC
to Unicode cited the books published by Addison-Wesley; now the later ones
mostly cite ISO 10646.  I am looking for a readily (cheaply) available list of
Unicode character names and code points, as in RFC1345.