Re: Alternative formats for IDs

2006-01-12 14:45:05
Bob Braden wrote:
Now, this may not actually be too bad; most of the changes at the nroff
stage are very cosmetic, and we could use diffs and perhaps other tools
to make it quite easy.  OR, we could change the AUTH48 policy to let
the author(s) deal only with the edited xml, without the final
formatting cleanups.  We would then translate to nroff and do the
final formatting AFTER AUTH48.  (Or, we could have two stages of
AUTH48).
Perhaps we should run some more experiments.

I think, the latter (two stages) is clearly the best way to do that. I would appreciate it if this would be tried (optimally, with one of my documents :-).

Best regards, Julian