RE: FW: IETF Last Call under RFC 3683 concerning JFC (Jefsey) Mor fin

2006-01-20 20:43:06
    > From: "Gray, Eric" <Eric(_dot_)Gray(_at_)marconi(_dot_)com>

    > Clearly we should be thinking about some way to "charge" participants
    > for potentially abusing the IETF appeals process in general. There is
    > some minimal processing time associated with any appeal for everyone
    > who has anything to do with it.

The legal system in several countries has the concept of a "vexatious
litigator" label, which, when applied to someone, means they are not allowed
to file a lawsuit without the approval of a some third party, generally a
judge.

I suggest the IESG/whomever take immediate steps to amend the appeals process
so that there is a suitable process by which someone who abuses the appeals
process by repeatedly filing pointless, unworthy appeals can be labelled a
"vexatious appellant", whereby they are barred from filing appeals unless
any such appeals are approved by some appropriate third party.

        Noel