Re: FW: IETF Last Call under RFC 3683 concerning JFC (Jefsey) Mor fin

2006-01-21 18:07:42
haha(_at_)!!  I take a look at the IETF email after four months and it's still
the same discussion as when I left!  Helloooo - talk about the ends not
justifying the means (oh yes I know this is very very important to the fate of
all productivity, I'm sure the yeild will be tremendous).
How 'bout this - if a PR-Action or any "rough concensus" style ban can't be
decided in one week then quite obviusly the person is not making a sufficient
nuiscance of themselves and the matter should be dropped.  On technical matters
heated debate and convincing arguments are valuable but in a PR matter it's
not.  What, are you going to convince someone that indeed they really were
bothered by someones posts?  "Gee thanks Bob, I didn't know just how much that
guy was upsetting me and hindering my productivity."
This isn't regression therapy and no one should be convincing people of their
opinions or perceptions.  Make the motion, hear concensus, no cross-talk
allowed, make the decision, move on.  Oh and don't let the interior decorators
influence the architects - if the policies and penalties aren't clear at the
time of the motion then the motion is governed by whatever is clear and you can
amend the policies seperately for the next time.  You can't however dynamically
change them and have them go into effect retroactively (or dynamically clarify
them or however you'd describe this merger of congress and the courtroom).
Nick