Re: Location Types Registry

2006-01-22 10:12:09

i thought about the Geopriv working group or its designated
successor.

Okay, so you have the volunteers for expert review, one problem
solved.  Makes me still wonder why "an entity" - I assume that
could be something I carry with me - should be so indiscreet as
telling that it's now in the "cafe" of a "jail" in an "airport"
or other obscure locations.  That's nobody's business but mine.

In many of the applications, the idea is that the location tells *you* where you are (or rather, your mobile device). That way, your smart mobile device can decide that a jail cafe is not a good place for a private audio conversation, for example, and redirect calls to some other locations.