Re: John Cowan supports 3683 PR-action against Jefsey Morfin

2006-01-23 08:36:37
John Cowan writes:

Filtering him out individually, as I do, is insufficient: one still must
read the polite or exasperated responses of others.  I am almost at the
point where I will filter any posting that so much as *mentions* him.

Why don't you do that, then, so that he need not be banned just for
your convenience?

In addition, I have been the direct victim of Jefsey's spleen: he
stepped outside the IETF context to send a request to my then employer
to have me disciplined by that employer for "unprofessional conduct".
As a result, my employer ordered me not to respond to him any more,
but since I have now left that employer, I will take this one action.
I will not stoop to taking revenge in kind, as I want nothing more than
never to hear from him or of him again.

But you still mention irrelevant matters external to this mailing list
in your post. Any personal problem you may have with someone outside
the list (or vice versa) is completely unrelated to IETF work or
mailing lists, and the inconvenience you suffer from having to press
the delete key is also only very tenuously linked to this list.

Maybe your employer's advice wasn't so bad.