Re: Call for input: draft-hartman-mailinglist-experiment-00.txt

2006-01-31 21:59:43
Sam Hartman writes:

I'm interested in feedback on the following issues:

* Is 18 months too long for the experiment.  I don't think so but have
received one comment requesting 12 months.

* Are there limits that need to be placed on the IESG's authority?  My
  preference is to grant the same authority available under RFC
2418 for WG lists to all IETF lists.

* Are there other changes that need to be made?

You forgot this:

* Are there better ways for list members to spend their time in
service of the IETF than by coming up with new ways to censor and ban
on mailing lists?

Perhaps some simplification is in order; I believe an Act of Congress
might be a good model to follow in looking for something less complex
than the current policy.