2nd announcement: IETF Liaison to IEEE 802.1

2006-02-13 21:56:20
All,

The IAB has noted an apparent need to appoint an additional IETF  liaison
representative to IEEE 802 (specifically to IEEE 802.1) to  address
current and upcoming MIB work and other matters of joint  interest.  We
have not found an immediately apparent candidate,  and are therefore
looking for suggestions, based on the brief  profile for the role, below.

We would like you to consider this profile and either suggest  yourself or
other people that you think that would fit well in  this role by sending
mail to the IAB at iab(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_)  We do not  intend to
disclose the names
of the nominees in public, but we  will be discussing this with relevant
Area Directors and WG chairs.  If you have a problem with your name being
mentioned in this context, please let us know.

Note that this profile is written for a somewhat ideal candidate.  We
fully realize that such people are probably non-existent.  So  don't
hesitate to suggest somebody who in  your opinion would fit this  role but
might not meet all the qualifications 100 percent. Here  is the profile:

 - Familiarity with IEEE 802.  The position does not require
   voting membership in IEEE 802.1.  However, it is important for
   the candidate to understand IEEE 802.1 technology, and the
   IEEE 802 standards process.  Attendance at IEEE 802.1 meetings
   is helpful, but not a requirement.

-  Enough time available.  For example, it is preferable that the
   candidate not be chair of more than one IETF WG, or a member
   of the IESG or IAB.

-  Lack of conflict of interest.  Under the liaison guidelines, it is
   preferred that the individual not be an officer of IEEE 802.

We would like to receive your comments & suggestions by February 15th
2006 and we plan to make a decision as soon as possible thereafter.
It will be helpful if you indicate in your email how you or the  suggested
person fits this profile as best as possible.

Bernard Aboba, for The IAB