Re: IETF 65 BOF Announcement: Digital Identity Exchange (DIX)

2006-02-13 22:50:54

It might not meet your requirements for an ietf-wide announcement, but the announcement of the list and its topic was sent to the IETF list on 19 October 2005, with extended followup discussion.

Although it is a bit strange to have a pre-wg mailing list run on the ietf.org server, with a closed invitation list, that doesn't really seem so terrible to me. Seeding initial discussions in this way could be useful to get initial discussions started, but with some chance of coherence.

But that is strictly as a pre-cursor to an open announcement, of course.

So I think we are back to the concern that the open announcement needs to be earlier enough to allow serious discussion prior to holding the BOF.

d/
--

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking