Re: IETF 65 BOF Announcement: Digital Identity Exchange (DIX)

2006-02-13 09:27:02

In hindsight I probably should have recommended that the existence of
the mailing list be announced much earlier.  Earlier input from people
like yourself, Steve Bellovin, and others who have shared opinions would
be better.  Since that didn't happen, though, my goal for the BOF is to
try to capture a list of actions and issues for the proponents to
consider as they developing their proposals.

Such as, Is existing work on Identity Management such as SAML, Liberty etal relevant to the problem statement as defined?

How should a proposed solution integrate with the needs of the RAI area where this topic is under active discussion?

That for a start ..please add to this if necessary.

  I fully expect that a
second BOF will be required before a working group can be considered.

On this I'm in complete agreement.

-Scott-

Richard Shockey, Director - Member of Technical Staff
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141(at)fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile +1 703.593.2683
Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>