RE: IETF 65 BOF Announcement: Digital Identity Exchange (DIX)

2006-02-14 05:43:34
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Jeff(_dot_)Hodges(_at_)KingsMountain(_dot_)com
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 9:10 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: IETF 65 BOF Announcement: Digital Identity
Exchange (DIX)

shollenbeck(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com said:
While the members of the [dix] list appear to be reaching
consensus on an
approach,

I don't believe that's the case at all on the dix(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
list. I think there
have been a fair number of concerns raised there -- so far
inadequately
addressed by the BoF organizers -- especially with respect to
prior related
work. So far the draft charter appears to be adroitly crafted
to match the
hawked input document, imho.

A "fair number" is subjective, especially since I've also seen a fair
number ;-) of comments acknowleding related work.  This is why I want to
hold a BOF - the opportunity for face-to-face discussion will give
everyone a better opportunity to see where consensus lies.

-Scott-