RE: [TLS] Re: Last Call: 'TLS User Mapping Extension' to Proposed Standard

2006-02-28 07:12:41
Just to clarify this point.

The text in the introduction where the authors retained change control
was a leftover from the original draft that was intended to go
informational.

We simply forgot to remove this when we changed the scope to
informational.
This is fixed in version 03 of the draft.

Stefan Santesson
Program Manager, Standards Liaison
Windows Security

-----Original Message-----
From: Russ Housley [mailto:housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com]
Sent: den 19 februari 2006 23:22
To: Bill Fenner; Steven M. Bellovin
Cc: iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; tls(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: [TLS] Re: Last Call: 'TLS User Mapping Extension' to Proposed
Standard

I misunderstood the original question.  I'll get it fixed or withdraw
the Last Call.

Russ

At 12:38 AM 2/19/2006, Bill Fenner wrote:

Can we have a Proposed Standard
without the IETF having change control?

No.  RFC3978 says, in section 5.2 where it describes the derivative
works limitation that's present in draft-santesson-tls-ume, "These
notices may not be used with any standards-track document".

  Bill