IETF Jabber Service/Logs moving?

2006-03-16 05:42:25
What follows has been announced on the WG chairs mailing list, but (as best I can tell) has not been announced on either the IETF Discussion List or IETF Announce List, so if I'm sending wrong or premature information, I apologize in advance.

According to http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/wgchairs/current/msg04306.html, the IETF will be using a new Jabber service (for the meetings next week?), so it will be very helpful to do your testing with the Jabber rooms described in that posting.

According to a later posting at http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/wgchairs/current/msg04309.html, Fred Baker said the room names given previously are slightly wrong, and gave a pointer to the correct names.

According to a later posting at http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/wgchairs/current/msg04308.html, Henrik has updated the Tools pages to point to these services (and has requested the transfer of pages from the previous service to this service, suggested other changes, etc. - to summarize, Henrik is on top of things, as usual, no news here).

I also apologize in advance for not confirming any of this with the Secretariat, but thought that since a significant portion of the community is getting on planes in the very near future, it would be helpful for me to send something to the IETF General Discussion list.

So, if your usual jabber rooms seem quiet next week, you may want to chase this topic down!

Spencer