Appeal of AD Decision to uphold Atompub ban

2006-03-16 08:20:53
Dear IESG,

I'm writing to appeal an AD decision to ban me from posting to the
Atompub mailing lists. The text of the original appeal is included
below.

Please keep in mind that this message comes from someone who has put a
lot of effort into the WG activities, edited the only successful
product of the WG (RFC4287), and written the I-D that makes up a large
part of the current WG protocol draft. I am not a disruptive loony.

I'm told these two messages are the problem:

http://www.imc.org/atom-protocol/mail-archive/msg04700.html
http://www.imc.org/atom-protocol/mail-archive/msg04709.html

The behavior I describe in those messages has gotten the better of me
in the past, and I've lost my temper on-list. I agree that can't be
permitted, but that is not what happened in this case. What I did was
describe the actions of WG members, and the way in which they are
gaming the IETF process. The chair then (publicly) suspended my
posting privileges.

In the conversations since, I observe that no one has questioned the
accuracy of my remarks, and since the remarks are accurate, there is
no WG process to disrupt--it has already failed. Publicly muzzling me
won't change that, and is certainly inappropriate.

Please don't file a PR Action on me for telling the truth =),

Robert Sayre