Re: Appeal of AD Decision to uphold Atompub ban

2006-03-19 09:46:26
Robert, Scott and Paul, is there any chance you could sit down and try to work
this out?

I read Robert's two messages to the working group list and I do find
them fairly hard to follow.  They don't explain why he's angry at a
specific organization or what the supposed process failure is.

If he had explicitly explained that there were conformance tests that
were not motivated by the document in his messages, they would have
been more useful.  If he had given examples of specific tests that
were incorrect, it would have been even more useful.

It seems that in this instance, a specific discussion of where the
line is drawn would be more useful than being so formal about this.

If Paul and Robert can agree on a line and Paul believes that Robert
will be able to follow that line, then perhaps the suspension could be
lifted.  Remember suspensions are a tool to improve efficiency of
orking groups, not punishments to punish people for bad behavior.

Even if Paul is not comfortable enough to lift the suspension, I bet
all parties involved would be in a better position if both Paul and
Robert had explicit understanding of what was acceptable and what is
not.

--Sam