IETF(_at_)20 Guerilla Party Events for Monday

2006-03-20 10:23:49
IETF(_at_)20 Guerilla Party Events for Monday

The IETF turned 20 this year. Besides the social, there will be a little partying on the side (guerilla partying) for those who want to celebrate 20 years of openness in Internet standards development.

**Grey Beard Day**

Today is Grey Beard Day. Pick up a grey beard at the IETF(_at_)20 table or shine up your own if you are a 'natural' (I'm talking to you, Scott.) Beards are very limited, first-come, first-served and will be placed on the table at random times during the day.

**10 Seconds (or more) on Video**

If the video dude can swim up to the hotel today, he will be around during the breaks and in the ISOC office to tape you sending your best wishes to IETF(_at_)20, singing songs, showing off your sock puppets, kissing Bert, reading your favorite RFC, whatever. He's going to take all the comments, do some magic video dude stuff and have it ready to play at the social on Tuesday night and at the IETF(_at_)20 table on Wednesday. Don't be shy.

The ISOC office is at the Opal Room on Tower lobby floor across from Business Center. Or look for the guy with the video cam at the breaks.

**IETF(_at_)20 Trivia**

For a few minutes of fun, we've set up a daily trivia event at <http://ietf20.isoc.org/trivia/>http://ietf20.isoc.org/trivia/. So, take a minute or two to test your knowledge of the IETF and get a chance to be one of 20 lucky people each day to receive a bag filled with IETF(_at_)20 goodies.

For today's (Monday's) drawing, we will select 20 names at random from all entries. Tomorrow might be different. You never know.

If you are a winner, you must pick up your prize during the course of the IETF65 meeting in the ISOC office. Office hours will be posted with the winners list.

Want to add your own trivia question? Send the question and three answers (including the right one) to ietf20(_at_)isoc(_dot_)org . We'll add it to future quizzes if we can.

**Miscellany**

IETF(_at_)20 Guerilla Partying is sponsored by ISOC for IETF65. This is for fun. None of your registration fees were used to support these activities. No animals were used during the testing. Yes, there will be different activities each day. And, if you don't want to pay attention to the IETF(_at_)20 stuff because it makes you feel too old or you are busy creating new standards, delete these messages.