Re: Clarification of my comment on giving up on process issues

2006-03-22 14:13:50
"Ed" == Ed Juskevicius <edj(_at_)nortel(_dot_)com> writes:

    Ed> I wonder if part of the reason is we often resort to a modus
    Ed> operandi of "let a thousand flowers bloom" and "let the market
    Ed> decide" for contentious issues.  While that *might* work for a
    Ed> technology spec, it clearly is not a workable means of
    Ed> progressing process change proposals.

My argument is that proliferation of competing process change
proposals may well be an appropriate mechanism for RFC 3933
experiments--even when these are significant process experiments.  I
think recruiting the stakeholders will provide enough of a gate.

But this is only true if the community buys into the approach .