RE: Stupid NAT tricks and how to stop them.

2006-03-27 13:06:32
OK, it is an intersubjective truth accepted throughout the IETF that a
decade is far to long for deployment of DNSSEC.

It is an empirical fact that this is four years longer than it need have
been. Deployment would have taken place in the .com zone 2002 if the
necessary changes to the specification had been allowed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Leibrand [mailto:sleibrand(_at_)internap(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 2:50 PM
To: Hallam-Baker, Phillip
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; iab(_at_)iab(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: Stupid NAT tricks and how to stop them.

On 03/27/06 at 11:38am -0800, Hallam-Baker, Phillip
<pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:

People can dispute opinions but not facts. The fact is that it has
taken far too long to deploy DNSSEC.

Just a nit, as I can't really disagree with your assertion
(nor can I necessarily agree with it, as I haven't been
involved with DNSSEC), but:

The words "too long" flag your statement as an opinion, not a
fact.  The fact that you assert a statement is a fact doesn't
necessarily make it so.

-Scott