Re: 128 bits should be enough for everyone, was:

2006-03-30 22:17:18
Theodore Ts'o writes:

You've been making the same point over and over (and over)
again.

To some, perhaps.  I'm not so sure that it has yet been made even once
to others.

It's probably the case that people who will be convinced by your
arguments, will have accepted the force of your arguments by now.
For people who don't accept your arguments, they are not likely to
be swayed by a "last post wins" style of argumentation.

It depends.  People with an emotional attachment to a specific notion
will never been convinced otherwise, but people who simply don't
understand something may change their mind once they understand.

May I gently suggest that you stop and think before deciding
whether you need to respond to each message on this thread, and
whether you have something new and cogent to add, as opposed to
something which you've said already, in some cases multiple times?

May I gently suggest that you use the delete key on your keyboard for
messages that you don't want to see?  I doubt that bandwidth is a
problem at MIT.  It has always worked for me, and I'm constrained by
much more limited bandwidth.