Re: Unannounced list status changes considered harmful

2006-04-16 13:30:46
"Frank" == Frank Ellermann <nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
writes:

    Frank> Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
    >> Please provide more data (off-list) as this seems odd.

    Frank> Will do (ordinary moderation bounce), but on list I should
    Frank> fix the bogus URLs I've posted here (I forgot one "gmane",
    Frank> sorry):

    Frank> http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.tools (NNTP, RSS, HTTP,
    Frank> search) http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.ima (NNTP, RSS,
    Frank> HTTP, search)

Note that for WG lists, it is reasonable to require manual moderation
of non-subscriber postings but these postings must be promptly
approved.  It is not appropriate to ask people to subscribe in order
to contribute to a working group.